PDA

View Full Version : DBM for Model 12 BVSS

Therrm
08-10-2016, 04:11 PM
I recently picked up a used Savage model 12 BVSS in 308. Been shooting with it a couple times and want to get a DBM for it. If I can find one I'm going to replace the stock with a Bell and Carlson A2. Can anyone point me to someone who makes one for this model? Any help would be much appreciated.

earl39
08-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Check with CDI. There is a link to them in the sponsors list.

indianasavage
08-11-2016, 09:30 PM
My 12FV is at CDI right now getting a Bell and Carlson A2 inlet for a DBM. If you buy a CDI DBM, they will do the inlet job for free. You pay for shipping the rifle back and forth to Sarasota, FL, however. It will cost 3 hundred when all said and done plus cost of mags.

Zero333
08-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Accurate Mag is another one that makes a bottom metal for aics type mags. Make sure you specify the correct action hole spacing, 4.4" (most likely) or 4.2".

AICS compatible bottom metals block the bottom bolt release so you have to get funky to remove the bolt (if you have a bottom bolt release). Or if you have a welder you can buy a top bolt release sear, brake it and re-weld the bolt release on a very slight angle so it clears the action (top bolt release actions have a recess for the top bolt release, and obviously bottom bolt release actions do not have such recess), then dremel inside of the stock where the top bolt release goes and you're done.

FLATGUNPHIL
08-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Looks like PTG also makes them... Hope it helps
Phil

Therrm
08-13-2016, 01:43 AM
I've been looking at the CDI and the PTG bottom Metals. I like the clean look of the CDI but also like the PTG for the mag well extending below the stock. In my head I'm thinking I could rest that up against a barrier without binding the mag and affecting feeding. I also have read some bad things about PTG shipping times and customer service. Anyone go with one or the other for any specific reasons?