PDA

View Full Version : Info. needed please...

Tar12
08-09-2016, 06:35 PM
I purchased a Savage Model 16 in 300WSM for a donor gun for a Indiana legal build 2 years ago. The end result was a .358 wildcat thats expensive to load for. Indiana just this year has legalized the use of center fires for the firearms season!!!FINALLY!!! So I am no longer interested in the expense of the wildcat or the thumping taken from the 300WSM. What are my options with this action for a caliber change? It does have the accu-stock...I would like to keep it as simple as possible...such as a barrel change and or bolt head change. I have several .243s already.....a .308 would be nice.....thanks for your time...

J.Baker
08-09-2016, 07:06 PM
Basically you will need the barrel, matching bolt head, and matching magazine box for the new round. I don't normally play with WSM's so you may or may not need a different firing pin assembly depending on when yours was made.

Tar12
08-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Thank you sir...I didn't know how to proceed with this. I am leaning heavily towards the .308. My son and I do depredation control work thru the summer and the .243s have served us well but the .308 brings a lot more to the table.