PDA

View Full Version : Choices... vortex razor gen 1 or NF nxs

Mthomas90
08-09-2016, 01:14 PM
I have the opportunity to buy a gently used vortex razor gen 1 with rings and a bubble level or a new in box nightforce nxs with zero stop and np-r1 reticle, both moa. I have never used either of them, so I am looking for honest opinions from people who have used them. I want to lean towards the razor just for the ffp, but I don't know how the glass compares between the two. I have read reviews of the gen 1 razor that don't make it sound all that good?
I have a sightron siii in ffp, how will either of these scopes compare as far as glass?
Obviously I want to get the best scope for the money, so any advice/opinions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Michael

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jamie
08-10-2016, 09:13 AM
I am sure others will tell you how wonderful the NXS is but the one I purchased wasn't optically impressive at all. It was behind my Meopta and VX3 in brightness and clarity. I would go Razor.

Rob01
08-10-2016, 12:30 PM
The NF is SFP and the Razor is FFP. You need to figure which you want and get that scope. The glass is a little better on the Razor compared to the NF NXSs I have owned but either will work as far as glass as both are very good. Which NXS are you looking at?

Mthomas90
08-10-2016, 12:39 PM
The NF is SFP and the Razor is FFP. You need to figure which you want and get that scope. The glass is a little better on the Razor compared to the NF NXSs I have owned but either will work as far as glass as both are very good. Which NXS are you looking at?
5-22x56 with np-r1 reticle. I'd prefer ffp, but it isn't a deal breaker.

darkker
08-10-2016, 01:25 PM
I agree with Rob, The Razor has better glass. And as he mentioned, need to decide which FP you want.

Rob01
08-10-2016, 04:51 PM
5-22x56 with np-r1 reticle. I'd prefer ffp, but it isn't a deal breaker.

If you prefer FFP then go that route. You are giving up nothing with the Razor.