PDA

View Full Version : New member looking for info.. 10 GXP

McMikeJr
08-08-2016, 01:12 PM
Hello all, newbie question here. First off, my name is Mike, always been a shottie/pistol guy, looking to expand into the rifle world. I found a 10 GXP in a bait and tackle shop, owner just isn't that knowledgeable on above-water hunting tools. Got the serial number and contacted Savage customer support. The gun is a never-fired 2009 model 10 GXP chambered in .308 win with a 3-9x40 Bushnell scope. The factory tells me the main difference between the GXP and GXP3 series is that the GXP has a side bolt release vs. bottom bolt release.

Regarding the bolt release, what's the difference? Is it a functional difference, or an ease of cleaning thing?

They're asking about $500 for it, seems like more than a fair price based on everything I've read. Looking for input from other 10 GXP shooters. Is this a good gun, or something to stay away from?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

McMikeJr
08-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Did some digging online, the rifle seems solid. The glass that came with it is the Bushnell Sharpshooter 3-9x40. Homework on THAT didn't come out so well, I guess I'm expecting it to break in the first 50 rounds. I'm now a Savage owner! Registered for the Bushnell warranty, guess when it breaks I'll send it in, buy a (better) replacement, then keep that one as a back-up when the factory sends it back.

Now to get myself out to the range and sight this puppy in :cool: .

drybean
08-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Welcome aboard

McMikeJr
08-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Thanks!

Hotolds442
08-16-2016, 12:40 AM
Welcome!