PDA

View Full Version : Fundamental right to defend oneself with a gun

foxx
08-06-2016, 10:21 AM
I don't wish to alienate fellow members of the forum who support "liberal" or "conservative" national policies. I respect all, with the SINGLE exception of the question of GUN rights.

Having said that, I feel compelled to point out the traditional, SHARED respect, (on both sides) for the PRINCIPALS of our republic (our CONSTITUTION) no longer exists amongst a MINORITY of the current leaders of the democratic party.

The fact of the matter is, Obama does not respect the principal that our government must have a distinct separation of powers (Three distinct branches of the government, LEGISLATIVE, EXECUTIVE and JUDICIAL).

He recognizes that the EXECUTIVE branch has the practical power to enforce only the laws he likes. He also has the ability to create, within the EXECUTIVE branch, departments that USURP the powers of the LEGISLATIVE branch. He is saying, without shame, that the safety of the American people depends upon the EXECUTIVE branch's ability to control who builds (or even talks about building) guns. He says if YOU build a gun, our enemies will use it against you. He says HE must stop THEM by stopping YOU. Moreover, he believes it is his EXECUTIVE right, and responsibility to do so. That is why his administration's State Department, whom EVERYONE agrees is responsible for overseeing and controlling INTERNATIONAL arms trade and production, is now trying to oversee DOMESTIC arms trade and production. Guys, that means YOU and ME.

We are NOT the enemy. We do not fall under the authority or jurisdiction of those controlling INTERNATIONAL arms trade. THAT is the responsibility of the ATF.

However, because Obama knew the ATF was on our radar, and knew we would not allow them to abuse us, (and, in all likelihood, even the majority of the people who make-up the ATF do not choose to abuse us), he has directed a DIFFERENT department to abuse us. That department claims the LEGISLATIVE branch gave them the authority to rule our means of gun production, but they did not. (They were directed by the legislature to rule/control INTERNATIONAL gun trade and production.) As long as that department of the EXECUTIVE branch believes they have such authority over US and, by necessity, has responsibility to protect us against US, they will execute THEIR gun-hating policies on YOU. It is not something that MIGHT happen, it is something that has ALREADY happened.

It is up to US to TAKE BACK our country and FORCE the different branches of the federal government to RESPECT their distinct and limited roles. IF we don't do so, then we will be like the rest of the world who will always suffer under the rule of the individual or group that EXECUTES their own will.

As it is, we are not electing a president (the one who executes the laws created by the elected legislature), but a KING who chooses for himself what is and is not done.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't want to elect a liberal king or even a conservative king. I want to elect someone who respects the fact that his/her executive actions are limited and shaped by the legislative body of elected officials.

Rosco
08-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Very well put, sir.

J.Baker
08-06-2016, 11:26 AM
Ok Foxx, you're getting waaaaaay too political around here. This is why we have the "No Politics" rule. I let the first thread go as it was specifically about gun rights. Now we have two more threads that are pure political. Time for me to break out the padlocks....