PDA

View Full Version : Personal Results with a Criterion Barrel UPDATE 8/2

rjtfroggy
08-02-2016, 05:07 PM
I talked to Josh yesterday and he issued a return label. Barrel was in UPS system this morning, along with a brand new Weaver xr t46 that will not track the elevation 1/8th clicks move up to 1" per click or none at all.
When the barrel comes back it may be a while because the action for it is at SSS for time and true and trigger. If that works out then the PTA will go over the winter for the same work.
I will be back with more when I know more.

short round
08-02-2016, 11:39 PM
You might want to talk with Weaver, when they first came out there was a problem with oil on the inside of the lens. Weaver was buying them back & production was stopped.

rjtfroggy
08-03-2016, 05:22 AM
That was the 1/8th target dot. It is still not available and no date as to when it will be, I asked if mine could be replaced with them and was told flat out NO.
Person I spoke with was just an unfriendly sort, maybe because I caught him first thing Monday morning.

CriterionBarrels
08-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Thank you rjtfroggy for notifying us of your grouping issues with that .308 barrel. As per our earlier discussion I think we could help tighten those groups up a bit with the lighter loads by slowing the twist rate down some (rather than a 1-10 twist we'll spin up a replacement in 1-13 twist). We also have a chambering reamer that is a bit better suited for shorter, lighter, bullet configurations with a more appropriate freebore length. Since the intended purpose of the barrel is 200 yard benchrest competition, we should be able to configure that barrel to better perform in its intended setting.

I sent your replacement barrel out to the shop with a notice to have it fast tracked through production, so you should be receiving it within the next four weeks or so. Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

-Josh

rjtfroggy
08-09-2016, 04:36 PM
I did speak with Josh and we agreed on Criterions suggestion and remedy, the reason I did not post was because I don't have the action ( it is at SSS) and they said about 4 weeks for the new one to get here. Once everything is reassembled and taken to the range for testing I will give a full review of how it all goes.
Just for every ones info Criterion is going above and beyond to try and solve my problem and Josh is a gentleman and pleasure to speak with, so no complaints about CS what so ever.