PDA

View Full Version : pre-accu trigger axis

adam38654
07-31-2016, 10:16 PM
My friend gave me his pre accu-trigger axis/edge .308 he bought a few years ago and I was wondering how to tell the difference between the axis and edge models and if the parts are interchangeable.

foxx
07-31-2016, 10:35 PM
I am not aware of any Axis/Edge part that is not interchangeable with another Axis/Edge part. Occasionally you will come across something that requires some grinding/fitting, but it is rare.

Also, Axis is not different than Edge.

What parts are you interested in swapping?

adam38654
07-31-2016, 11:31 PM
The stock and trigger with a boyds and timney. And the barrel.

foxx
07-31-2016, 11:35 PM
You are fine, then.

DrThunder88
08-01-2016, 02:32 AM
To paraphrase Bon Jovi: It's all the same; only the names have changed.

swamphonkey
08-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Adam have you tried the do it yourself trigger job on the axis yet? I have 3 of them and I clipped the springs and cleaned them up good and the difference it made was amazing. It really made the difference. I have one in the gunsmithts now having a 1/2 " inch cut off and a recessed crown put in because a few years in the boat I guess it caused some Pitts at my muzzle. Then I'll be putting it in a New Boyes myself. Those are great little rifles they shoot good And are pretty dang tuff with a good stock. I've been very hard on mine. Left it in my boat for month's a time and its still a good rifle. Try that with a remlin and see if the bolt opens after a month on the delta.