PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Ammo recommendations for Mark II-BTV .22LR

supr78nova
09-23-2009, 09:19 PM
In response to my first post here, another member recommended Wolf Match Target ammo for my new rifle. I am hoping to try a few different brands/types of ammo when I get a little more serious with my new rifle. I was hoping some of you might be able to recommend some different ammo that has also worked well for you in the past with the same or similar gun. Also, I have found out that the bulk Remington ammo that I purchased should have been left on the shelf, so if there are others to avoid I would like to hear about those as well.

Thanks,

Dan

82boy
09-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Wolf match target is all you need. Or you could get SK plus it is the same thing.

supr78nova
09-24-2009, 01:13 AM
do you know where I can purchase it?

82boy
09-24-2009, 08:51 AM
yes,

midway, cheaper than dirt, champion shooters supply, Bruno's shooting supply, Sinclair international, all sell it.
My local gun store has it, and it is always at the gun shows.

supr78nova
09-24-2009, 11:38 AM
cool thanks for the info

Dan

King Ghidora
09-27-2009, 07:13 AM
It isn't Wolf MT but I've been having good luck with Winchester 333 bulk ammo. For a cheaper grade of ammo it does pretty well in my FV. I assume it would do well in the BTV also. I also like the CCI Standard Velocity stuff or Mini-Mags for hunting. I use the Wolf ME for any serious paper punching though. It shoots amazingly well. I know people say the MT is just as good but I can only seem to find the ME locally and I usually don't shoot it except for special occasions anyway so I just buy the small amount I need locally and save on the shipping costs. I get a good deal on it too (compared to what it costs on the net) so I do better just buying the ME locally rather than trying to order MT.

CL1KKL4C
10-12-2009, 02:12 AM
+1 on the Wolf MT and SK standard Plus my MKII lives off it. I've also found Eley Sport from www.sportsmandsguide.com is a great alternative and suprisingly accurate for the price usually 27.99 a brick. Sometimes I even think the Eley out performs the wolf and sk at the 100yrd line.

tammons
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Wolf Match Target

Bad Water Bill
10-12-2009, 11:28 PM
With MT my BV is very happy. When I try to shove anything else down it's throat it reacts violently.

Wahbi
10-22-2009, 06:52 PM
G'Day Fella's,
I recently purchased a mod 9322btvss L/H thumbhole stock with heavy barrell etc it really looks the goods but I can't find an ammo that it likes. Best it has shot so far is 1.5 in at 50 meters.
I bedded and floated barrell but still the same, it seems to me, to be something to do with the marriage f stock to action. The front action screw has no timber surrounding it and the,(if you could call it this) bedding pillar only comes up to about a 1/4 of the distance from the action to the floor plate. Comsequently when you tighten the front action screw the floor plate made of a light metal or heavy tin bends which prevents you from creating enough pressure to prevent the action and barrell moving minutely when shooting etc. Has any body come across this and if so how the hell do you over come what appears to me as a glaring design fault.
I have 2 other savages in center fire and both shoot like stink but my poor new rimfire appears to be dud.