PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: B-Mag help

Cmonsta
07-27-2016, 08:27 PM
So long story short. I bough a Bmag and over all it shot decent. I bought a Boyd's stock and took to my local smith because I've never installed a stock and also wanted to see if he could bed it for me. He broke the stock trying to get the mag to fit. He put it back on the original stock for me. Now it shoots horribly. No clue how or why. Any ideas what could have been done? My mag also has a hard time clicking in now also. Have to give it a decent hit sometime. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it.

Cmonsta
07-29-2016, 06:17 PM
I was hoping to post a picture but can not through my phone it seems. I shot a 50 yard group with the Bmag next to an old 22 (savage 4C deluxe) with a horrible trigger and a scope with 1/3 the power. And I still was able to outshoot the Bmag. I hope my new stock gets here soon and hope that helps. I feel it has to be more then just the stock though.

SavRimfire
07-29-2016, 07:17 PM
You didn't forget to transfer the two little escutcheons from your plastic stock to the Boyds stock, then back to your plastice stock, did you? Are you using an in. lb. torque wrench and if so what are you tightening the screws to? The receivers on these things aren't overly robust so about 35 in. lbs. is all you really need to tighten them to.

Cmonsta
07-29-2016, 10:42 PM
You didn't forget to transfer the two little escutcheons from your plastic stock to the Boyds stock, then back to your plastice stock, did you? Are you using an in. lb. torque wrench and if so what are you tightening the screws to? The receivers on these things aren't overly robust so about 35 in. lbs. is all you really need to tighten them to.

I honestly have no clue because the smith did all that. I will check into it when I get home though!! I really appreciate your response. I do not have a torque but if needed I'll find one. Thank you!!