PDA

View Full Version : Accustock Grip Modifications

bamastrike
07-27-2016, 09:42 AM
I recently purchased a 10 FCP-SR with the accustock, and I saw on SavageShooters were someone had modified the grip on an accustock, but I can not find the thread. Please give me details or experience on how to modify the grip area. Thanks ahead of time.

FW Conch
07-27-2016, 10:02 AM
What modification would You like to make?

bamastrike
07-27-2016, 10:30 AM
I saw were someone added texture and oversize to the grip area by epoxy or bondo I believe? Wanting to know the technique to modify.

Ericm
07-31-2016, 04:29 PM
The accustock appears to be an ABS type of plastic, I used strips of kydex heat molded and ABS plumbing adhesive to fill out the pistol grip. I didnt have good luck with bondo but "Fast steel" automotive epoxy seemed to stick so far . As soon as I have access to my computer I will try to post some pics of the results.

Ericm
08-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Bamastrike, I used a rasp to shape mine to the general contour I wanted , I had to build up some parts the accustock appears to a type of ABS plastic, I used some scrap Kydex and used ABS plumbing cement to fill in what I needed, used a heat gun to shape the Kydex to fit better, when I get my computer working again I will post pics.