PDA

View Full Version : 112 BVSS-S Questions

gkgeiger
07-27-2016, 09:16 AM
New guy with some questions. Is this a good rifle? How many years was it made and when did they stop making it? There is no info on the Savage site but it looks like there is a model 12 that is similar. I want a single shot in .223 for some club 100 yd matches. I found the one in the title for what seems like a very good price. If you have any other recommendation please let me know. Thanks

darkker
07-27-2016, 09:42 AM
1) Is this a good rifle?
2) How many years was it made and when did they stop making it?
3) There is no info on the Savage site but it looks like there is a model 12 that is similar.
4) I want a single shot in .223 for some club 100 yd matches.
5) I found the one in the title for what seems like a very good price.
6) If you have any other recommendation please let me know. Thanks

1) it depends on how it was built and if it was taken care of. Otherwise for your question, Savage rifles are all the same, just different stock/barrel profile options.
2) No clue, call Savage.
3) There is if you download the catalog. They still make the BVSS, just not in single shot. If you want single shot so badly, just swap out the follower.
4) why single shot again? Typically you'll need a box mag for the quicker strings of fire?? But again just put in a single shot follower, out buy the LRPV, it's a single shot as you can see in the catalog.
5) Great! Then buy it and you have what you want.
6) I think you should do what you want and makes you happy. But if you are hung-up on the single shot business because of talk of "action rigidity", don't worry about it.
There are many sales pitches out there that sound spooky, but are only a sales pitch, a few for reference:

Everyone else's Non-magical plastic tips melt.
Lapua brass is the only Jesus approved brand.
I can stare at my brass and know when there is high pressure.

If you hear these types of idiocy, you should recognize that person add the simpleton they are, politely smile, and continue on living your life as though that stupidity never came to your life:cool:

gkgeiger
07-27-2016, 10:01 AM
4) the club only allows one round in the gun, so if it has a mag you can still only put one round in it. This gun will be used for a single purpose. Thanks for your reply.

darkker
07-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Well that stinks....
If you are happy with the price, I think you should make it yours.

RC20
07-27-2016, 01:42 PM
Well actually considering the idiots I see at the range, it would be a good policy for all to adapt! Granted I have pulled some of that myself and most are good with a heads up, but some, mother of you know who.

For the OP, look at your price and what you are getting vs the Cabala only Savage 12FV. Comes in 223, Heavy Barrel, acu trigger, jeweled bolt (I am not into bling but like it) ok stock. $420 normal, often 50 off from Cabella and or Savage Rebates of 50 and 100.

gkgeiger
07-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know what the street price was when new? The one I'm looking at has a B&L 40x scope for $700.

HalfTrack
07-27-2016, 05:19 PM
SSS makes a great single feed ramp that I am currently using in a Model 12 BVSS both in .223 and .308
Check on their site for pricing and availability but they work very well.
Hope this will help you.

HalfTrack

rockable
07-28-2016, 01:03 PM
I paid that for mine in 220 Swift.......without a scope. It's my favorite rifle after I put a Sav-2 trigger in it. Mine was like new and was owned by an older gentleman who only fired about 30 rounds through it. It shoots bugholes at 100 yards with 52g Bergers.

gkgeiger
07-31-2016, 01:16 PM
I just bought a new 12LRPV in 6BR. Thank for the replies.