PDA

View Full Version : PC issue

Texas Solo
07-26-2016, 09:51 PM
I have a new and aggravating issue with my desktop pc. After setting a pic as wallpaper, it looks great....for about 10 minutes. Then the pic just disappears and I'm left with the plain black background and all the icons I have on the desktop.
Everyone keeps telling me to check my settings. Is that some kind of default answer to PC issues? My settings HAVE NOT CHANGED. This issue just popped up one day. I'm running Windows 7 and Firefox. I also checked the settings on my virus protection, no changes.
Any ideas from the PC gurus in here?

J.Baker
07-26-2016, 09:56 PM
1. Right click on your desktop and click Personalize on the menu
2. In the window that opens there will be 4 icons across the bottom. The first should be Desktop Background. Click it.
3. In the next window, make sure the "Shuffle" box isn't checked.

Robinhood
07-26-2016, 10:04 PM
Also try to change the background to see if it has something to do with the file. Try rebooting.

Texas Solo
07-27-2016, 06:26 AM
1. Right click on your desktop and click Personalize on the menu
2. In the window that opens there will be 4 icons across the bottom. The first should be Desktop Background. Click it.
3. In the next window, make sure the "Shuffle" box isn't checked.

Tried it, but shuffle box is not checked.

Also try to change the background to see if it has something to do with the file. Try rebooting.

Known good pic file being used. Tried a few new ones anyway, no change. PC has been restarted & rebooted too many times to count. No help.

J.Baker
07-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Your computer is clearly possessed. Take it to the range and shoot it immediately.

Texas Solo
07-27-2016, 02:00 PM
Your computer is clearly possessed. Take it to the range and shoot it immediately.

Tempting, but with some online searching, I think I found the issue. PM incoming.

sha-ul
07-27-2016, 02:39 PM
What operating system?

I had a customer the other day where the background just wasn't right, couldn't quite put my finer on it. It somehow got switched to "tablet mode"