PDA

View Full Version : New Gander Mountain Store in Warrington Pa.

Balljoint
07-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Took a ride to see when the new store will be open a Large Sign in window OPENING SEPTEMBER 2016
ijust can't wait

Balljoint
07-23-2016, 10:58 AM
How many in the area want to meet up the week after the hard opening so the crowds will be smaller ?

yobuck
07-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Ive heard they closed the Harrisburg and Chambersburg stores.

EFBell
07-24-2016, 12:26 PM
i visited a gander mountain store once and was totally unimpressed. I believe it was Harrisburg.

Texas10
07-28-2016, 08:51 AM
In this part of Texas we have Gander Mountain, Cabelas, Dicks, Academy, Bass Pro, and Cheaper than Dirt. The Gander Mountain occupies a store where a Sportsmans Warehouse used to be but closed down, and it appears it is not doing much better. Every time I go there, I see maybe two or three other customers in the store. When I go to Academy, there's never less than 50 or so in the store and on a weekend with a sale, it's packed.

Cheaper than Dirt lasted only 6 months.

Our local Dicks is not doing much better than Gander. Bass pro, like cabelas always has a packed parking lot, but the cashiers are not real busy.

I see a big consolidation occurring in the next 5 to 10 years, maybe sooner.

yobuck
07-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Reality is that on line sales will continue to grow, causing less need for building and maintaining expensive stores and the problem of staffing them.
A prime example would be Amazon. I personaly rarly go past the gun counter when visiting those stores.
To a large degree they are clothing stores, and in the case of Bass Pro, boat sales and marine supplies.

Balljoint
08-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Just picked up the mail and was a Gandermtm flyer that the store in Warrington Pa will OPEN on September 7th for a pre-Opening at 6pm to 9pm.

EFBell
08-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Just picked up the mail and was a Gandermtm flyer that the store in Warrington Pa will OPEN on September 7th for a pre-Opening at 6pm to 9pm.

I hope you're not too disappointed... Maybe they will start out right.

Texas10
08-31-2016, 07:33 AM
They do have an impressive selection of guns at our local store, but they are priced very high. The entire back wall is one loooong gun rack, with new and used. They advertise themselves as "America's gun warehouse", and last week I looked at the new Savage Stealth that was advertised "on sale" for $1099.99 at Gander, which happens to be about what they are asking for a new Savage 12BVSS. As I recall, I paid $750 for my new BVSS from a local mom and pop gun store.

The store had only one Stealth available to sell, but you could back order one from the warehouse at the "sale price" until existing stock was depleted.

I hope the new Gander Mountain works out for you!

Damon555
08-31-2016, 02:22 PM
I've been in a Gander Mountain store exactly 2 times......The prices were so ridiculous that I walked out both times without purchasing anything.