PDA

View Full Version : What is the twist rate of the Model 122 in .300 Rem Ultra Mag?

Lee in Texas
07-21-2016, 03:12 AM
I got one secondhand and need to know what bullets to order.

Thanks

35Whelenshooter
07-21-2016, 12:25 PM
300 Rum should be 1/10 you can always call savage give them your sn and they will tell you what it is

Respectfully
Mike

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

Zero333
07-21-2016, 12:38 PM
When cleaning the barrel you can find out the twist for yourself.

A bristle brush will spin along with the rifling, same as a patch on a jag but the brush never fails to spin.

Measure the distance it takes for the rod make 1 turn when pushing it through the barrel.

Lee in Texas
07-21-2016, 07:27 PM
Of course that should say 112.
In addition to ordering bullets, I also need to order a stock. I got a deal on it because the laminated stock had cracks in the action bedding area. I don't want an action embedded in my face, so I told the seller to keep the stock...so I don't have .30cal cleaning brushes yet.

I called Savage, but they can't look up anything without the serial#. I have the s/n, but this is a pre-'95 action wearing a newer barrel. The number does me no good. The person I spoke with was unable to simply tell me the twist rate for a 122 in .300RUM. A company that makes rifles with barrels that can be easily switched can't handle the idea of a rifle with a barrel that has been switched.