PDA

View Full Version : new choate tactical

chetc
07-20-2016, 04:37 PM
i installed the new choate tactical on my 12 FV, wonder if anyone feels something different about the palm swell on the grip, seems big to me and i have big hands, i am thinking of grinding the stock a bit for a more comfortable fit just behind the palm swell, can't seem to find a comfortable grip yet

chet

darkker
07-21-2016, 09:45 AM
Are you just wanting opinions on it?

I've been shooting the Ultimate Sniper for a long time, it's palm swell is bigger than the tactical. I think it feels odd at first, but for control and getting to the controls I quite like it.

FW Conch
07-21-2016, 11:13 AM
I reshaped the fat grip on my Bell & Carlson Medalist Varmint/Tactical. I laid My palm & thumb on the grip and drew around it with a magic marker. Then I rapped a 4cell mag light with 80grit sand paper and worked it down until My palm and thumb are a perfect fit. Now it feels just like My Ross Thumbhole stocks. I sealed it with polyester resin, then painted it. :-)

chetc
07-21-2016, 12:57 PM
well seemed that i found a guy at the range who was looking this same stock, sold..

Chet

sha-ul
07-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Are you just wanting opinions on it?

I've been shooting the Ultimate Sniper for a long time, it's palm swell is bigger than the tactical. I think it feels odd at first, but for control and getting to the controls I quite like it.

The Tactical is different from the Sniper, or Varmint stocks. It doesnt have the super aggressive texture, but has a really big palm swell, but they are heavy.

eta: here is what they look like.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/rifle-stocks/tactical-remington-700-adl-long-action-prod81559.aspx?psize=96

Onewolf
07-29-2016, 02:57 PM
I have a Choate Tactical for my new Savage/223 build. The Choate Tactical palm swell is MUCH larger than my Manners T5 stocks. Hopefully it doesn't take to too long to get used to it.