PDA

View Full Version : loose parts on 110 ba butstock

doctnj
07-20-2016, 09:42 AM
I have a 110ba butstock. The one that resembles the prs. I have one on my 338 and 6.5. Now that I have been exposed to some fine chassis I noticed how loose it all feels. The body of the but stock is in two parts with a seam toward the front that runs vertically. There is a round looking brace that would easily be mistaken for a flushcup. Dont know why they just didnt put one there. Tightening up those screws seem to do nothing to effect the wiggle between the two parts. Also the cheek riser wiggles as does the but pad, not the pad itself but back where it exits the but stock.

Is there any way to tighten any of this up? It looks like the only way to remove the but pad brace piece is with a drift punch. I would only do that if there was actually somethin to access in the hole behind it like there is on a standard prs. Like the screw head that tightens into the buffer tube only here there is no buffer tube.

doctnj
07-20-2016, 09:48 AM
I will add this. I have tightened every exposed screw with no effect

doctnj
07-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Well I called savage arms and they werent much help. I really didnt notice how wiggly it all was until I had experience with cadex and AI. Those stocks were dead solid. So when I picked up my savages the looseness of the but stocks really stood out. i guess Im the only one who has this problem.

doctnj
07-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Ok well I hunted down some answers and Ill just post it here to close this off and also if someone else experiences this now or in the future.
The front triangular part on the savage but stock is made by savage. Savage failed to mention this. They just made a blanket statement that "oh thats a mag pul product"

The only thing holding those two parts together are the two screw brackets one on each side. That is the round part that looks like it should be a flush cup. There is nothing, according to Mag pul, inside their but stock that is able to be tightened to take the wiggle out of anything. I.e. no screw like on a buffer screw or the like. Once it starts to loosen up from use that life.

If some time it gets too bad Ill just trade chassis.