PDA

View Full Version : Looking to order Model 11 Scout

McDirty
07-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Members,

New guy here and I've been looking at the Model 11 Scout that Savage has out and I am heavily considering ordering it.

I own 3 savage bolt rifles in small calibers so this would be my first in the large caliber area.

One question I had was is there a way to mount a picatinny rail on the receiver rather than forward on the barrel?

I had read that the receiver is drilled and tapped to mount a rail, I'm guessing you would have to remove the peep sight.

I'm going between this and the Mossberg MVP. I'd rather stick with savage because I find the action on them so much better, Mossberg just never seemed quality to me.

Also, if you have any experience with this rifle when it comes to hunting let me know. I will probably be using this on the monster white tail that live on the back forty here in WNY.

Thanks in advance.

J.Baker
07-20-2016, 04:21 PM
The action is drilled and tapped to take a standard rail. The rear peep sight is mounted using the rear set of holes, so yes it would have to be removed. Great gun, just wish they offered it in a left-hand version.