PDA

View Full Version : New Rangefinders

MagnumSecurity
07-18-2016, 04:17 PM
Leica should be out with a new model rangefinder next month. 1999-B I believe. Sig with an upgraded model later in the year. Prices are down on the 1600-B (see Cabelas) and may/should go lower. Some stores are out of stock on the Leicas. My guess is they are waiting to get the new ones and not get stuck with the older model. If you are looking for a good deal on the 1600-B now or closer to the new model release might be a good time to get one. Waiting too long may cause someone to miss out as they could be gone.

Disclaimer: I have no skin in the game on these products nor do I work for anyone selling them (I'm retired). Although I do have stock in Savage Arms (Vista Outdoor VSTO). I was told this by a good source, so I believe it's happening. Just an FYI.

I've been wanting to upgrade my older Leica CRF, so waiting to see the new model.

MagnumSecurity
07-19-2016, 08:45 AM
I should have mentioned that I talked to Leica about a week ago and they said they didn't have a new model coming out. That person may not have known or just not announcing it yet. I still believe a new one is coming, but actual model number and specs are yet to be known. Everything is subject to change until it is actually available.

randomnut
07-19-2016, 11:27 AM
I've tried most of them. My Sig kilo 2000 has ranged trees for me over 2000 yards.

MagnumSecurity
07-19-2016, 12:25 PM
I've read good reviews about the Kilo 2000. Some minor issues but very good ranging. Good price for what you get and for me, I don't think I would need much more than its ranging capabilities.

Problem with the Leica for some people is the temp range. Mine does not range in cold weather and I don't mean sub zero. I have heard the same issue with the 1600-B. I heard the kilo has a better temp range, but I have not verified that. It may say in the owners manual.

randomnut
07-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Haven't had it long enough to try in the cold, but it handles heat very well, but most do.