PDA

View Full Version : Sightron 10x50x60

chetc
07-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Looking into a new scope for my long range varmint/ target, i have a few of the 8x32x56 AO S III scopes , so now i need another long range scope, since i bought my last 2 sightrons the new 10x50x60 was not available, any comments on it, anything in the price range that has a comparable quailty in glass and internal tracking quality.

thanks
Chet

darkker
07-18-2016, 04:45 PM
The few of those series of scopes I've looked through while shooting, aren't awesome for glass. Not a train wreck by any means, but not stellar.
I see they offer one that has 1/8 MOA clicks on a Mil-dot reticle. To me that is unforgivable. It's also SFP which may be your game, but not for me.

I didn't look at the prices, but for glass and repeatability, for the price paid; the SWFA 5-20 HD is all but impossible to beat.

LoneWolf
07-18-2016, 04:56 PM
NightForce SHV is also a strong competitor in that price range...

chetc
07-18-2016, 05:46 PM
NightForce SHV is also a strong competitor in that price range...

hi lonewolf,
if i looked in the right places is 20x max power in the shv models

Chet

LoneWolf
07-18-2016, 05:52 PM
I believe so. I don't recall seeing anything higher. Magnification isn't king though. Clear glass makes the difference. I find myself between 10-20x almost 100% of the time, but I'm running a gen ii vortex razor.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

chetc
07-18-2016, 05:53 PM
The few of those series of scopes I've looked through while shooting, aren't awesome for glass. Not a train wreck by any means, but not stellar.
I see they offer one that has 1/8 MOA clicks on a Mil-dot reticle. To me that is unforgivable. It's also SFP which may be your game, but not for me.

I didn't look at the prices, but for glass and repeatability, for the price paid; the SWFA 5-20 HD is all but impossible to beat.

so if i take it right, the clarity and internal tracking repeatability of this model SWFA 5-20 HD is comparable or sharper than the Sightron, how is the elevation travel, will check it out, i sort of like more power, we have some shoots here that the small targets are 3" dia and i was using a mueller 8x32x44 over this past weekend, it worked ok, thats why not sure i can get by with 20x, i am going to turn the power down to 20x next time and see how it looks

Chet

Keyhole
07-18-2016, 11:08 PM
I have a 10-50 with the fine crosshairs. I love it, works perfect for target shooting. The only complaints that I have is that the parallax knob is not marked with yardage, which isn't a big deal if you are target shooting, and that there is a mild amount of chromatic aberration at the highest magnification. 50x is definitely very usable on overcast days and you can dial your magnification up to see the mirage when other guys can't. Adjustments are very accurate and I have shot many small groups with mine. I don't think you could go wrong unless you are used to looking through a $2k+ scope. I believe I got mine for ~$830.

chetc
07-19-2016, 08:16 AM
HI Keyhole

thanks for the response, so far i cannot seem to find any real good prices on the scope, i would grab one quick for that price, around $950 is the best so far, optics planet had it for $869 the other day but went back up.

Chet

jray57
07-19-2016, 02:36 PM
bigsupplyshop.com

boltman13
08-12-2016, 03:29 PM
I have Sightron 10X50X60 with the dot and fine cross hairs on both of my long range F-class rifles and would recommend them. Very precise repeatable adjustments, excellent optics and glass. I have never had to go below 42X to cope with mirage. Often until the PM on a hot day I can keep it at 50X. Keep an eye on Optics Planet, sometimes also thru Amazon. I got my last one for $890 + shipping. Sometimes Amazon Prime also covers shipping.