PDA

View Full Version : Converting blind stagger to detachable mag

Mthomas90
07-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Is there a write up somewhere on what I need to do to convert a blind stagger to detachable?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Robinhood
07-17-2016, 05:21 PM
Option one. Get an aftermarket stock inletted for magazines that work with the staggerfeed action.
Option 2. Call http://www.cdiprecisiongunworks.com/

Mthomas90
07-17-2016, 07:41 PM
So, to remove the factory metal attached to the action do you just tap it out of the action?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thatguyshm
07-18-2016, 03:03 PM
You may want to look into this a bit deeper. I have a 111 that is a stagger feed. I removed the attached magazine well, tapping the front of the mag well forward to remove it from the recessed slots and wanted to run it in a MDT LSS-XL chassis. Looked great until I went to insert the magazine, only to have the rear of the mag catch on the rear of the action. If you pull the bolt back on a stagger feed, you will see the bottom of the action is approximately 1/2" forward of the retracted bolt. In a center feed, the bottom of the action is almost flush to the retracted bolt face. I had to have the action milled out in order to use the magazine properly. Now there is no going back to stagger feed but that is not an issue to me.

SHM

Robinhood
07-18-2016, 04:47 PM
A Dremel or pencil grinder can fix that.

thatguyshm
07-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Have to be careful, removing that much material with a dremel can work harden the receiver and make it brittle.