PDA

View Full Version : Stocky's Remington stock

243LPR
07-16-2016, 10:38 PM
I've had a Remington 700 ADL in 223 for a long time now. It's my lightest groundhog gun so gets carried alot. Over the years I've converted it to BDL,installed a Jewell trigger and an aftermarket aluminum striker/spring assembly. Also recently went to a Weaver 6-18 scope. It shot 40 gr Vmaxes usually under an inch at 200,but the factory stock has those 2 small pressure points on the barrel at the end of the stock. That's always bugged me but figured I'd make matters by removing them due to stock flex. I've been looking hard at the new LRC stocks Stocky's now has for the sporter barrel and figured I'd bite and try one. Just so happens they have the solid color ones on sale now for $179. Ordered one in OD green and had it in 4 days. I am not easily impressed but for the money this is a nice stock! I cleaned the paint off the aluminum bedding block and torqued it down to 50 "lbs. Total free float now but barrel is a little off center in the channel but I can fix that this winter. Took it to the range today and within 6 shots had it dialed in at 200 yds. It shot about 4" to the left and a little low initially but came right to the bull with some adjustments. It's a little heavier than the factory stock but much more stable and very comfortable to shoot. Sort of reminds me of the Choate but not as heavy. Now if they only made them for Savage! Anybody looking for an upgraded stock for a Remington check these out,they even came out with a "spiderweb" version now. Time will tell how it holds up but for now I'm happy with it.