PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Not ejecting shells from a Savage Mark II BRJ 22lr

joebeck
07-16-2016, 04:20 PM
I have a Savage Mark II BRJ 22lr. Had the rifle about two years with about 1500 rounds through it. Just started having a problem - about half the time the shells don't eject. Only have used one round - Federal AutoMatch Target Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose. So I don't believe its the round.

Has anyone else had this problem? Very aggravating for I have to remove the magazine then pick the shell out with an ice pick then replace magazine. Something must be wrong with the way the bolt action is holding or not holding the shell.

Any help would be welcomed for I just luv the rifle.

short round
07-16-2016, 06:00 PM
If it has not been done, start with good cleaning of chamber & receiver. Also clean & lube bolt. check for broken ejector.

Mozella
07-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I had extractor problems with my MK II. I did a Google search and found a post somewhere with photos showing the proper shape of the extractor. I removed mine and filed it to the proper shape and it's been working ever since. You have to work on the inside edge of the hooked part of the extractor. Search for Savage MK II Extractor Problems. You'll find some YouTube videos too.

JCalhoun
07-17-2016, 09:25 PM
This is a common issue for these rifles. Call Savage and tell them to send you some new extractors.

Fiddler
07-22-2016, 12:09 AM
I had the same problem. Solved it by adding another C-clamp extractor spring over the top of the first. Now it extracts and ejects every time. Savage sent two of those springs to me free of charge after I complained.

joebeck
08-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Thank you.

I did call Savage and the lady I got knew exactly what the problem was and how to solve it (she's heard it many times I think). She couldn't admit it but it seems the Mark II has this problem so she sent me new extractors and clip at no charge. Works like new again.

JCalhoun
08-20-2016, 04:23 PM
Nice