PDA

View Full Version : rings/base question for 110

gaswamp
07-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Got an older Savage 110 in .270. Going to mount a vx3 leupold 3.5-10x40 on it. Will the Leupold 2-Piece Standard Scope Base Savage with Rings in a medium height be fine for the mounting system? Mainly worried about the bolt but want to mount scope as low as possible.

RC20
07-16-2016, 04:39 PM
Warne has a good site that matches height of rings and base combo with the objective of the scope.

I don't know bolts are an issue, they are designed to not hit a scope, the issue is the front objective size.

You plug in the gun type and objective and it gives back an answer of bases and rings.

In my case I have a 8 to 32 Nightforce with a pretty large objective and the medium rings cleared the barrel at the objective safely.

I like Warne products, steel, good quality and a reasonable price that you don't pay for the name (as much as I like Leopold there rings and bases are not anything special for what you pay nor are Nightforce as much as I like the scope) . I put the money where its needed and get what I can that's good quality at the best price.