PDA

View Full Version : Early Fire

bw34
07-11-2016, 11:15 PM
A friend has a model 111 non-accutrigger that went off when he closed the bolt. Is this a trigger issue? Can it be fixed by switching to a different trigger?

Robinhood
07-11-2016, 11:23 PM
The sear may not be engaging the trigger. You can test this unloaded by pushing the trigger forward as you close the bolt. Dry fire to test theory. If that is the issue, pull the action out of the stock and adjust spring pressure until the sear and the trigger are in contact when you operate the bolt. You may not have the same trigger but the information my help you understand what to look for.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/rossman40a/trigger1copy.gif

sha-ul
07-12-2016, 02:35 PM
if the trigger spring broke, or failed to reset, this can happen.

Haiku_Rodney
07-12-2016, 03:12 PM
I had that happen to me with my original 110 non-accutrigger. I had loosened the trigger pull spring too much. I never could get the original trigger down to a comfortable pull weight and ended installing a Timney trigger.

bw34
07-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

RC20
07-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Good picture. Add in, last week shooting the 12FV, the slightest bit of side pressure on the safety blade and the sear would drop out.

Too low adjustment on the tension or a different one? Have not had a chance to get back to it, snuck in a shooting session and I am unsupervised this week so I have to take care of myself and the yard (we are having a heat wave by our standards so a lot of watering!)

J.Baker
07-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Good picture. Add in, last week shooting the 12FV, the slightest bit of side pressure on the safety blade and the sear would drop out.

Too low adjustment on the tension or a different one? Have not had a chance to get back to it, snuck in a shooting session and I am unsupervised this week so I have to take care of myself and the yard (we are having a heat wave by our standards so a lot of watering!)

You say the sear would drop out, as in firing or just tripping the safety feature requiring you to cycle the bolt to re-cock? By design any side pressure on the AccuTrigger will cause it to trip the safety mechanism. Typically if you have the adjustment set to low on an AccuTrigger it will trip the safety feature and allow the sear to drop when you close the bolt.

RC20
07-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Kind of both, had one or two times previously it did it.

Even slighted side pressure had it go twang and then required the re-cock.

I figured first step would be to increase the set and see how that does.

Shame was I had a hell of a group going and by the time it went boom I not longer was on. I am just giving myself full credit for the 4 shot group!