PDA

View Full Version : Rebarrel to 6br norma

saskaguy
07-11-2016, 04:42 PM
I Am going to rebarrel a 223 to 6br norma......I am going to order new bolt head and lug from pacific tool and guage but wanted to double check which sizes to get. Also they have an option for a bolt alignment cut.....is that something I should get done also?

thatguyshm
07-13-2016, 04:41 PM
I just built a 6mm BR on a 110 flat back action. I used a standard 30-06 bolt head I had from a different rifle, being able to keep it lower cost and retain the large firing pin. .473" should do you, but you will also need a new baffle as your 223 should be one with the extended stop. When you look at the side of the bolt when it is closed, do you see a small piece of steel in the front part of the bolt?

I am assuming the bolt alignment cut is referencing the older style bolt that has the indent in it to key the bolt head and only allow it to be installed the proper way. Only you can answer if you need it, if that is what ptg is referring to.

SHM

short round
07-13-2016, 09:08 PM
Bolt alignment cut may not be needed. Look inside bolt body for alignment bump. If no bump, no cut required. If bump is present, it can be ground down & no cut needed. The alignment cut has not been used by Savage for several years.