PDA

View Full Version : Help me find an sss comp trigger!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

bodywerks
09-10-2016, 09:20 AM
2 weeks - there we go ��

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well, 2 weeks has turned to 2 months in typical sharpshooter supply fashion, and still no triggers.
Reluctantly, I am note forced to consider the sav-2. In looking at the internals, although it still uses the stock sear for the firing pin brake, it has it's own internal mechanism for the trigger brake, so it may be an improvement to consider. My personal experience with the SAV-1 makes me apprehensive. That trigger was junk in my experience.

FW Conch
09-10-2016, 12:45 PM
You might want to read My 2 threads on the Sav 1 and Sav 2 triggers :-)

foxx
09-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Well, 2 weeks has turned to 2 months in typical sharpshooter supply fashion, and still no triggers.
Reluctantly, I am note forced to consider the sav-2. In looking at the internals, although it still uses the stock sear for the firing pin brake, it has it's own internal mechanism for the trigger brake, so it may be an improvement to consider. My personal experience with the SAV-1 makes me apprehensive. That trigger was junk in my experience.

I also prefer the SSS Comp trigger. However, having said that...
I have NEVER heard ANYONE else have problems with Sav-1 or call them "junk". It might not be able to go as low as you like, but that is a different issue. They are designed to be crisp, clean, hunting trigger with little to no over travel. In my experience, that is EXACTLY what they are. I am NOt arguing with you, or raising heck with you, just encouraging you to not write them off. There MUST have been an issue with the factory sear or you got a defective trigger. I can't believe you could be so dissatisfied with it.

olddav
09-10-2016, 06:26 PM
I havs an SAV-2 set at 14oz and love it, then again I may have low standards.

bodywerks
09-10-2016, 08:56 PM
I also prefer the SSS Comp trigger. However, having said that...
I have NEVER heard ANYONE else have problems with Sav-1 or call them "junk". It might not be able to go as low as you like, but that is a different issue. They are designed to be crisp, clean, hunting trigger with little to no over travel. In my experience, that is EXACTLY what they are. I am NOt arguing with you, or raising heck with you, just encouraging you to not write them off. There MUST have been an issue with the factory sear or you got a defective trigger. I can't believe you could be so dissatisfied with it.

The sav 1 was really nothing more than the accutrigger without the accurelease and had an adjustable sear engagement. Problem with mine was the trigger pull weight was inconsistent and would sometimes not catch the sear or would fire if you bumped the stock.

bodywerks
11-10-2016, 12:34 AM
I havs an SAV-2 set at 14oz and love it, then again I may have low standards.
Can you cycle rounds ultra fast and hard without a slam fire? Because I sure can't. I spent 4 hours on this POS rifle basix trigger and have settled on around 15 ounces. Even at that (heavy, in my opinion) weight, I had to establish a TON of sear engagement and a TON of overtravel to make it even remotely reliable. And I can still EASILY trip the sear if I cycle the bolt too fast.
I had this happen ONCE in 3,000+++ rounds on a SSS trigger set at a CRISP 16 ounces. And guess what? It wasn't even the fault of the trigger. The sear bracket pin had migrated out.
Unfortunately, still no word on availability of the SSS trigger or I'd gladly take the $159 loss...

olddav
11-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Can you cycle rounds ultra fast and hard without a slam fire? Because I sure can't.

Yes I can. Not sure what problems you are having but it seems you have decided the SAV-2 is not for you. With any luck you will find a SSS trigger soon. Good Luck

Swissfan
01-04-2017, 03:22 PM
I have any extra SSS trigger I'll sell. I tried to PM you bodywerks, but your message box is full.

Robinhood
01-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Bodywerks has asked me to take care of the transaction for him............. :cool: