PDA

View Full Version : needing help! headspace guage?

devildogandboy
07-09-2016, 09:41 PM
i really need some help on this one. there was a fairly new headspace guage(correct name?) i saw and had written done the name and place where i had seen it, that was some time ago when i didn't have the funds to buy it. now that i have the extra dollars i can't find the **** paper i wrote everything on. maybe somebody knows what i'm talking about/

it had a round disc with holes of varying dimensions for your cases and i don't remember what else it looked like(LOL). IT measures the cartridge from base to datum much like the Hornady LNL headspace set but iit's built differently. anyhow, if somebody has any idea what i'm talking about please let me know. thank you.

Bruce

ETA: found what i was looking for.

drybean
07-09-2016, 11:24 PM
Sounds interesting, got a link?

devildogandboy
07-09-2016, 11:52 PM
here it is. i couldn't remember exactly what it was called, that made it hard to find. LOL

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/01/forster-products-new-datum-dial-ammo-measurement-system/

Bruce

Fat Albert
07-12-2016, 05:20 PM
You can do the same thing with a Hor./Stoneypoint setup for about 1/3 the cost.

devildogandboy
07-16-2016, 01:15 PM
You can do the same thing with a Hor./Stoneypoint setup for about 1/3 the cost.

already have the Hornady version but would like to get this unit.

Bruce

sharpshooter
07-18-2016, 12:05 PM
You are referring to the Sinclair comparator. It looks like a hex nut with 6 different size holes, one on every flat. It goes from .22 cal to .30. and is for measuring ojive length. You can also use the larger holes to measure shoulder bump, providing it's under .30 cal.