PDA

View Full Version : Need help with long action stock replacement from DBM

KTP
07-08-2016, 02:31 PM
I have recently picked up a Savage accutrigger long action, stainless DBM that I have barreled to a CBI 7mag. Shoots great. However, for this thing to shoot the ELDX bullets for the best accuracy I have now made the detach box mag useless, the bullets won't fit....too long. I had gone to great lengths to stiffen the factory stock and it turned out great. Now I find the need to turn this gun into a single shot and use a single shot follower. If I do that then I'm looking for a stock that replaces the DBM stock. I want a light stock that is blind mag. Should I find an Accustock, or would someone recommend a synthetic hunting stock for this conversion.

J.Baker
07-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Check with Fred at SSS as I can't remember if he has the "Fred Sled" single shot adapter available for long actions or not.

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/images/Accessories/FredSled01.jpg

KTP
07-08-2016, 04:06 PM
He doesn't have it listed on the website. Sure wish he did!
Good thought

rjtfroggy
07-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Send an email and make sure you use the subject line, tell Lisa what you need/want she will get back to you. Many things not listed on their site.

J.Baker
07-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Fred can be bribed with chocolate.

KTP
07-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Shot them an email. I've always enjoyed talking to them. Used to visit the shop once in awhile years ago.
Hey Fred, you name the candy bar and it's on the way if we could come up with a long action version !