PDA

View Full Version : Savage parts finder

19rabbit52
07-06-2016, 08:47 PM
I have been trying to use the Savage Arms "parts finder". All I get is a notice that they are closed until 1/17/16. Am I doing something wrong?

ScottS
07-06-2016, 10:49 PM
I called them today and they stated they are having a summer break until July 17th. I think it's a typo on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steelhead
07-06-2016, 10:52 PM
I have been trying to use the Savage Arms "parts finder". All I get is a notice that they are closed until 1/17/16. Am I doing something wrong?

They do it every year.

deadeye
12-21-2016, 04:20 PM
Yes - I know this is an OLD thread - it's all that came up in a search. If there is another post somewhere on this I apologies as I didn't find it searching.

The page Savage PatrtsFinder page still doesn't seem to work and hasn't for months now. I cleared my history and tried again but to no avail. It says sorry closed for maintenance with no date.

Anyone have updated info on this or is it working for any of you?

SageRat Shooter
12-21-2016, 04:32 PM
It hasn't worked for me either... I just received my Boyds Pro varmint and went online to order the bottom metal. It never worked for me. I just called Savage directly, gave them my Serial# and told them what I was looking for. They helped me right away and sent me the exact items I needed.

deadeye
12-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Calling them is fine if you can wait on hold that long. As a smith, I am sometimes looking for parts from another model to swap for a custom build. I have accumulated quite a list of their part numbers and that helps a lot but it was great when you could simply look up parts for a specific version from a list of serial numbers I have on hand as well. Not all their operators are knowledgeable about their products and interchangeability. I loved that page that allowed me to look things up in advance but I guess those days are gone.