PDA

View Full Version : The tale of Maw and two ice makers

BillPa
07-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Memorial day a year ago our frig decided it wanted to be an oven so the next morning I bought a new one to be delivered that afternoon. Since the new came with an the ice maker I pulled the one out of the old frig for a spare. They're this type.
http://www.applianceservice.com/pageimages/icemaker.jpg
Move ahead a year the new ice maker went on the fritz, the bin was empty and the ice level arm was all the way up in it's "off position". Hummm.... When I moved down to it's 'run' position it went into it's eject cycle, refilled and made ice cubes the rest of the day. It must have just be a fluke or so I supposed.

Day two its back in the 'off' position. I reset it to the run position. Again it cycled.

Day thee it quite making ice a third time, it's arm was back in the 'off' position. I moved it's arm into the run position and it started working..again.

Day four, the arm is back to off. Figuring it was messed up I installed the spare from the old frig.

Day five the spare quit working, it's arm in the 'off' position. Now I can buy one but two in a matter of a few days with the same problem?

When I was telling Maw what was going on ....... "Oh, I pushed the arms all the up so they would make ice cubes faster".:o

Sigh.......

Bill

Robinhood
07-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Years ago I had found a new job that started much earlier than the one I currently held. I was the only bread winner and my beautiful bride was an all day momma slash homemaker.

My internal clock was set for me to get up at 6:00 with the alarm. So I set the alarm for 5:00 for my first day on the new job so I would have plenty of time.

The alarm went off at its regular time 6:00 am. I was obviously late and my new boss gave me some real dirty looks. I reset the clock to 5:00 and looked it over real good knowing I had set it correctly the day before.

Tuesday morning came and the alarm went off at 6:00 again. ****, I was late my first two days on the new job. I started cussing and told my wife to buy a new alarm clock. She asked why and when i told her she said, "So you are the one changing my alarm clock."

WV1951
07-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Bill,
That sure sounds like something I would encounter. It is the same as turning up the thermostat so the furnace will run hotter and heat up the house faster. There are many who actually thinks it works like that.

Texas Solo
07-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Bill,
It is the same as turning up the thermostat so the furnace will run hotter and heat up the house faster. There are many who actually thinks it works like that.

What ? It doesn't ? My wife would argue with you.

drybean
07-06-2016, 09:03 PM
MY

MY X wife believed that what temp you set the thermostat at is the temp of the air that came out registers

drybean
07-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Meant to say that my X wife believed that the temp that you set the thermostat was the temp of the
air coming out of the registers
Got to love them

jpx2rk
07-07-2016, 06:13 AM
It's a wonder how we ever survived before we got married isn't it. :biggrin-new: