PDA

View Full Version : Accustock Wedge

Carvera
07-23-2010, 11:28 AM
With all of the accustock talk going on, I figured I would pass along some information that was given to me yesterday. My brother in law works for a sporting goods department, and with that gets "special perks" when it comes to certain things storewide. They get what they call "pro forms" one of which is from Savage.

He ordered an accustock rifle from them months ago, and has yet to receive said rifle. Yesterday, (being fed up) he made a call to Savage and talked with a woman named Pattie.

He was told that the accustock is going through a transformation that will specifically be addressing the wedge in the stock. They say that all newer accustock rifles will begin to show the newer wedge and these rifles will begin shipping shortly, (his being one of them after all these months of waiting).

I would attribute this change partly to the many here addressing the problem with the wedge itself. No doubt that Savage listens to their shooters. Like I have stated before, (but can't substantiate with any proof) I beleive that there are definitely Savage employees that frequent these boards and report what they read here. They listen to Fred, and others when it comes to bettering their rifles.

So, hopefully with the accustock's wedge being addressed things will be more positive in the accustock's reviews.

janizary
07-23-2010, 02:38 PM
I wonder if that means they'll 'fix' those who've been having issues on the current model, or if the redesign makes that impossible without a full-stock swap.

5shot
07-23-2010, 02:59 PM
What issues are people having? I tried to use the search function but didn't come up with anything.

janizary
07-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Here's a recent thread:

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,34171.0.html

bluealtered
07-23-2010, 04:16 PM
That would be a great improvement, however where does that leave us with the current model? Hopefully there will be some help for us as well since a lot of us stepped up and paid more to have one when they first came out. blue

5shot
07-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Here's a recent thread:

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,34171.0.html

Thanks - I would never have guessed. My 10PC with the Accustock will dump 3 rounds into the same hole at 100 yards. I guess I lucked out.

janizary
07-23-2010, 05:50 PM
however where does that leave us with the current model?

Same question I had above. No issues now, but it seems some of the folks have issues after disassembly/reassembly. Mine's fine right now, but at some point I'm bound to take it apart and I'd like to think Savage would take care of the issue if they have a fix if and when that happens.

bluealtered
07-24-2010, 11:44 AM
I have taken mine apart many times without any problems in that area, i simply put it back together as per the instructions and it works well. It simply will produce flyers if i tighten down the wedge, so i don't and it groups well. I was simply wondering if there was an upgrade of some kind would it be retro to include us early model owners? blue