PDA

View Full Version : Need Recoil Pad - 111 Trophy Hunter XP .308

ColoradoGrayMan
07-03-2016, 04:44 PM
My girlfriend and I both bought new Savage rifles a few months ago.

She has the 111 Trophy Hunter XP in .308 (synthetic stock). She's tough, but has a little frame. It's her first time ever firing rifles like this, and the .308 is puttin' a hurtin' on her shoulder.

Need help finding a recoil pad. Found one Limbsaver on Amazon, but it's for the wood stock.... its flat.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

tufrthnails
07-03-2016, 04:46 PM
I got my son a slip on limbsaver so he can take it off when he decides he wants to.

ColoradoGrayMan
07-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Got a manufacturers number?
Is it specifically for this rifle? Or is it one of those "universal" models?

RC20
07-03-2016, 07:59 PM
I too have that. I have a 111 BTH in 308. After half a day shooting I start to hurt, hard one, hunting vs target I would guess.

I don't know the brand, its brown! I did some selective scissor work on it to get the profile right. Seams came undone and I sewed it up (materials from my wife, heavy sewing thread of some kind)

I use it on 3 different rifles. It also has several pads so you can tune the depth you want.

If I was hunting I would take it off (I am not anymore) one shot is no problem, I only shot more than once and grazed, I had one other grazer and the other two missed.

ColoradoGrayMan
07-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Looking to buy a pad that will bolt up. The stock is curved, so the flat one from Limbsaver wont work.

I guess I'll take it to a smith. Not really interested in a slip-on, as the length of pull is perfect for her. Adding a slip-on will likely ruin her grip once she puts on the hunting clothes.

YabaDabaDoo
07-07-2016, 12:09 PM
10111 Limbsaver from Amazon.com.

It fits, since I have one on my Savage Trophy Hunter XP in 7Mm-08.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RC20
07-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Just a booster here, the 10111 is listed for Most Savage Synthetic stocks.

Other model for wooden.

It may or may not add length depending on what you have.

I find my slip on is no problem for LOP. Its used on the bench and easy to adjust (IMNSHO) to that.

LOP setup shortest that works for the field and the bench should not be a problem.

Zero333
07-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Limbsaver makes direct replacements for the savage short and long actions. I got one four or five years ago for my hunting 300winmag, because the recoil pad it came with was hard rubber.