PDA

View Full Version : b+c cabelite stock weight

tammons
07-23-2010, 10:34 AM
How does a carbelite stock compare to a duromax and a tupperware stock as far as weight ??

jpdown
07-25-2010, 12:23 PM
It has been awhile since I went through this exercise. Bare stock, no hardware, the Savage tupperware blind magazine stock is the lightest at around 1 lb, 6 oz. The Savage birchwood walnut stained stocks are only 2 to 4 oz heavier. The B&C Carblite Classic are around 28 to 30 oz, and the B&C Duramax and Stockade Hunter are in the 30 to 34 oz range. The Savage centerfeed DBM or HFP assembly will add 12 oz to the stock weight verses the blind magazine and follower which only add 4 oz to the weight. Bottom line, the Savage blind magazine plastic stocks are the lightest.

I believe the Savage factory birchwood stocks are the best value, since you can pick one up a used one fairly cheap in the classifieds. They are nearly as light as the tupperware stocks, and just as solid as the B&C Carblite Classic or Duramax stocks. I strip, add aftermarket pillars and bedding, prime the wood, then spray with Krylon textured paint followed by Kyrlon webbing paint. The result is an inexpensive, customized, lightweight hunting stock that that you can bang around without worry.