PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Rookie mistake

ScottS
07-02-2016, 12:33 AM
Ok so I'm in the process of doing my first build. I ordered a 111 Xp 300 mag, criterion barrel, and a gamescout McMillan stock. Ok where I went wrong is ordering my stock to find out it is inletted for a savage 110 bottom bolt release dbm. Little did I know the 111 has a way crappier dbm than the 110 so now I have an expensive stock that I need bottom metal for. I have looked at cdi but I was wondering if I can order a factory bottom metal and mag which is what the stock was inletted for? Below is a picture of the bottom of my stock. Thanks for yalls help!http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160702/e6bfb2270f46be20d30b7a8fc84a7fae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottS
07-02-2016, 12:36 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160702/5c03072fd5ab11004a1eff7edc64601e.jpg
This is the stock off the 111 Xp that I bought which is a totally different dbm system.

RC20
07-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Send it back? Usually they will take it if no work done on it. Last stock I bought they flat said to if not right.

Zero333
07-03-2016, 11:32 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about.

The new stocks don't even have a bottom metal, just a axis style magazine that latches directly to the stock.

Answer is YES. you can order a long action factory bottom metal and magazine to fit in the McMill stock.

If you want you can also order a aftermarket aics compatible bottom metal and use aics style mags.

bodywerks
07-05-2016, 07:51 AM
The answer is yes, you can order bottom metal direct from savage, but I believe that the last time I ordered parts they wanted a serial number off the rifle. In your case, your 111 serial number won't jive with the type of bottom metal you want. But I believe if you find the right part number for the bottom metal you want, and call them direct, they will sell it to you.

ScottS
07-05-2016, 08:54 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about.

The new stocks don't even have a bottom metal, just a axis style magazine that latches directly to the stock.

Answer is YES. you can order a long action factory bottom metal and magazine to fit in the McMill stock.

If you want you can also order a aftermarket aics compatible bottom metal and use aics style mags.

Are the aftermarket bottom metals drop in or do they require some grinding to fit?

ScottS
07-05-2016, 08:55 AM
The answer is yes, you can order bottom metal direct from savage, but I believe that the last time I ordered parts they wanted a serial number off the rifle. In your case, your 111 serial number won't jive with the type of bottom metal you want. But I believe if you find the right part number for the bottom metal you want, and call them direct, they will sell it to you.

Where would a person go to find a part number for a bottom bolt release long action dbm?

Roach68
07-05-2016, 11:39 AM
http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?325-Choosing-the-Right-DBM-Stock-Bottom-Metal-Parts-Tutorial