PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Part

brgipple
06-30-2016, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone, I've been looking for a part on line and can not find it. Tried ordering from Savage but it says you need to be a gunsmith to get it. using the Savage # in searches comes up with very little.

I'm looking for Standard Bolt Head, Left Hand Port, in stainless #107482. Have any idea's? or should i just order a PT&G bolt head.

Thanks, for your time

Texas10
06-30-2016, 11:07 PM
You can call Savage Customer Service, they will send you a liability release to sign, Fax it back and buy your bolt head. That simple. I've bought two that way recently.

brgipple
06-30-2016, 11:14 PM
Oh, thank you. I only tried on line since i have heard horrible thing about calling savage on wait times and people not knowing what you are asking for. I'll give them a call next week.

Hotolds442
07-01-2016, 02:38 AM
If you give them the part number, how on earth could they not know what it is that you want......

Kingair001
07-01-2016, 06:24 AM
Oh, thank you. I only tried on line since i have heard horrible thing about calling savage on wait times and people not knowing what you are asking for. I'll give them a call next week.
I have called Savage a few times and the Lady was really nice

She even shipped me a few parts for free !

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Maztech89
07-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Last time I called I signed and returned a liability release form to buy a couple Sears but even with the release form they wouldn't sell me a bolt head. Gunsmith only. I asked her what constitutes a gunsmith and was told "have anybody with an FFL call and order it for you." Just an FYI, that was as of a few months ago.

BillPa
07-03-2016, 02:02 AM
I asked her what constitutes a gunsmith and was told "have anybody with an FFL call and order it for you." Just an FYI, that was as of a few months ago.

After having signed a waver a few years ago in April for whatever reason I couldn't order GS only parts so I sent an email asking why.

On April 3rd '16 I received this email from Debra Roberts @ Savage Arms.

You would sign the waiver specifically when you order a part, it is not an open waiver to order any parts that are restricted to gunsmiths.
When you contact the service department to order a part, they will send you the waiver to sign and then place the order for that particular part.Please call the service department at 1-800-370-0708 option 5 with the serial number to place the order. They will have the part number, price and availability. The service department is available Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm eastern standard time
thank you,
Debbi

Bill