PDA

View Full Version : stevens 200 308 centerfeed, fubar?

andysmuck
06-30-2016, 08:10 PM
I havenīt gotten much sleep these last days trying to figure this one out. I have a stevens 200 which I got for close to nothing, trying to fire it I figured out why. It won't reload. The bolt catches on to the lips of the blind mag. I solve this one by pushing the mag down into the stock. Either way the bolt does not catch on to the next bullet.

I think I might need to swap the whole mag box. Anyone encountered this problem before? Any help would be much appreciated.

scooterf79
07-01-2016, 12:15 AM
Have you pulled the stock off to have a look see? Just for starters pop the stock off and make sure the mag is sitting down in the stock the way its supposed to. If you can push it down it sounds like it's not seated right or something along those lines. There's not a whole lot of stuff going on in that area so this should be a pretty easy fix.
Or....I mean, you could sell it to me for what ya got in it...I'm sure it's of no use to you. 😉. J/K
Scooter

Ol' BW
07-03-2016, 07:55 AM
So I am assuming from your OP that you have not disassembled the stock from the action.

I would say it is quite possible someone took the gun apart and did not know how to re-assemble it properly. (I had a friend that could not figure out how to re-install the blind mag follower in his Remington 700.)
My point being is that some people do not pay attention when disassembling and re-assembling things. (even some gun shop employees) Could be it was taken apart to thoroughly clean and was put back together without testing function.

I would recommend taking it apart and having a look at what is going on, could be really simple to fix.

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FW Conch
07-03-2016, 08:11 AM
^ +1 ^ could be that the "L" clip that holds the mag body in is not properly installed, or missing completely?