PDA

View Full Version : modifying the accutrigger

flatshooter
07-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Is there anything that can be done about overtravel with this trigger?

bodywerks
07-23-2010, 08:18 AM
You could drill and tap for another setscrew forward of the safety setscrew, or fix a stop- bracket to the trigger that can be adjusted to hit the trigger cage. But honestly, just get a SSS COMP. trigger and be done with it.

flatshooter
07-23-2010, 09:14 AM
You could drill and tap for another setscrew forward of the safety setscrew, or fix a stop- bracket to the trigger that can be adjusted to hit the trigger cage.

But honestly, just get a SSS COMP. trigger and be done with it.

Would you buy it for me? ;D

bodywerks
07-23-2010, 10:03 AM
LOL - no.
But I am looking at an accutrigger here and seeing an easy way to mod it. Not sure if you've even taken the trigger out of the bracket yet, but if you do, you can see how the accutrigger blade spring is seated in a hole that is already in the trigger. All you'd have to do is tap that for an 8-32 setscrew and get about a 1/4" long setscrew and screw it in on the bottom side to be sticking out about .020" less than the safety setscrew, and adjust from there. What the setscrew will do is hit the safety slider rail when you pull the trigger. By turning the setscrew in or out you will be adjusting your overtravel - voila!

pphreed
07-23-2010, 10:03 AM
I had to pull a trigger out of the safe to see what you were talking about . If I were to try that I think what I would do is bond a tiny piece of metal to the back of the housing so it was hier than the housining and would act as a stop atach metal with somethinglike jb weld or drill annd tap a short screw start a bit long and file it down to where you want it I think that might work never tried it and it wouldn't be the first "good" idea I have had that didn' work but should be worth a try Fred

pphreed
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Looking some more an easy way might be to cut a small diameter rod to lenght and drop it inside the pull adjustment spring good luck Fred

bodywerks
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/accuwedge/trigger.jpg
setscrew there...

flatshooter
07-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Blue Avenger mentioned needing a little overtravel so the bolt release works.....

just came back from a machine shop... the trigger reads, on the rockwell tinsell strength, 40. The guy busted off a tap. He said the trigger was drilled aand machined before harding.

Well at least I can still use the trigger. The tap broke off at the top of the hole, so I can still insert the spring for the accu release at the bottom of the hole... ;D

After all this I bought a snap cap... and tried it up here in my computor room, and not really knowing how the trigger behaved while actual firing, and seen the trigger for what it is.... not much aftertravel.. and actually the amount of aftertravel is needed for the bolt release.

5shot
07-23-2010, 02:54 PM
just take a good center punch and give the tap a smack - it should shatter and then you get pick the pieces out with a dental pick (If they don't just fall out on their own. If you try to tap it again, make sure the drill hole is correct for the tap - little taps don't like undersized holes.

flatshooter
07-23-2010, 03:07 PM
5shot... have you been able to drill and tap this trigger and the tap not brake?

5shot
07-23-2010, 04:28 PM
No...I just have broken lots of little taps off in holes ;D

I would imagine that the trigger is damn hard. The idea of using a piece of rod sounds promising. Just epoxy it in the hole and keep filing it down until you are happy with the over travel.

dolomite_supafly
07-23-2010, 05:38 PM
No...I just have broken lots of little taps off in holes ;D

I would imagine that the trigger is damn hard. The idea of using a piece of rod sounds promising. Just epoxy it in the hole and keep filing it down until you are happy with the over travel.

Or you could epoxy a smaller set screw in the hole then adjust it from there. Find a set screw that will drop into the hole. Coat it with a realse agent like shoe polish then smear some epoxy on it and in the hole then push the setscrew in the hole. This might keep you from having to disassemble it a bunch of times to get it right. I do like the idea of using a rod because it will never screw itself in or out affecting adjustment.

Dolomite