PDA

View Full Version : Terrible experience with Boyds Stocks

G_Man
06-29-2016, 02:10 PM
I am new to the forum but just wanted to post my first and probably last experience with Boyds. I on Mar 25th I ordered a Heritage stock for my savage axis .308. My order was for a left handed stock for a right handed action. I got the stock in about three weeks but it was wrong. It was right handed for right handed axis. I called Boyds and setup an RMA. The customer service rep put the new order in on Apr 29. No big issue it happens. Well I have now been told by customer service I will need to wait three weeks. I have been told this three times, this week is 9 weeks. I have sent emails to the status and customer a few times and never once have I had a reply. I call them, when I can get through. My last email I asked the to simply cancel the order and refund my money but still no reply. I guess I will have to continue calling and waiting to try to get a customer service rep.

Now I know Boyds just upgraded their factory, but I was told this by the customer rep the first time I called in. Six weeks have gone by since I talked to her still not a word from Boyds.

G_Man
07-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Well I never hear from Boyds last week. NO email no phone call. So I called the sales department and they young lady transferred me to her supervisor. She told me that the production team is off this week but would return on Monday and have everything caught up in two weeks. I told her what has transpired and asked her if she could simply cancel the order and refund my money. She said she would. She told me there was nothing that could be done about this, which is fine. I understand these things happen, but if your status department and customer service team can not return a phone call or reply to an email in nine weeks..... I will just not do business with a company like this. It is sad my friend has two Boyds stocks that are very nice. I was planning on replacing both stocks on my Axis bolt rifles with Boyds. That was my first and last experience with Boyds.