PDA

View Full Version : Model 10T Mag Feeding Problems

DenverDave
06-28-2016, 11:52 PM
It appears that my magazine is not feeding correctly. When the mag is full and I insert it into the rifle with the bolt closed, I feel resistance pushing the mag to lock into position. When I operate the action quickly the first two rounds feed fine but the last two are going in at a odd angle and not seating correctly in the chamber, preventing the bolt from going to its forward-most position and closing.
I tried taking the stock off, and reattaching it with less torque on the take down screws but the problem persists.

bearcatrp
06-29-2016, 12:51 AM
Mine has done that to. Go slow and easy it cycles pretty good. Go fast and it periodically jams. I put a different chassis on my 6.5 creedmoor that now uses AICS mags. Cleared up most of it but once in awhile I still get a jam. Thinks it's the way it was designed. I did pick up a 10 round mag for the 308 from savage. Still jams periodically if I go to fast. Was asking folks who purchased the stealth rifles if they had any of these issues. They say no issues. Inserting the original mags have always seem stiff to get in and stay. May get better with more usage. Have over 500 in the 308 and seems better.

DenverDave
06-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Mine has done that to. Go slow and easy it cycles pretty good. Go fast and it periodically jams. I put a different chassis on my 6.5 creedmoor that now uses AICS mags. Cleared up most of it but once in awhile I still get a jam. Thinks it's the way it was designed. I did pick up a 10 round mag for the 308 from savage. Still jams periodically if I go to fast. Was asking folks who purchased the stealth rifles if they had any of these issues. They say no issues. Inserting the original mags have always seem stiff to get in and stay. May get better with more usage. Have over 500 in the 308 and seems better.

Thanks for the input. Cycling fast it jams every 3rd and 4th round... Every time. How tight are you receiver screws in the stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearcatrp
06-29-2016, 05:07 PM
It was sent back to savage and I think they torqued them pretty good. I just changed the chassis and they were a bit hard to break loose. I have them at 60 lbs using my torque wrench now in the creedmoor and new chassis. Don't know what they are in the 308.

DenverDave
06-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Mine where at 65 before I took it apart to troubleshoot. Don't have the tool anymore so I just torqued it medium-hand-tight. I have an idea of what 65lbs feels like and they are defiantly less now... Guessing 50ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk