PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 200 feed question

7shooter
06-28-2016, 11:04 PM
Hello,
I recently purchased a used Stevens 200 .223 w/ heavy barrel in "barely used condition". Couldn`t pass it up for $250. The first loads I tried (69 gr hand loads) at 200 yds grouped 1 1/4 inches. I was pretty impressed.
Problem is the single-stack blind magazine design really sucks IMO. Was wondering if I could convert it to the staggered
blind mag, but can`t find the parts to do it anyway.
Does anyone know if there is a sled made for this thing to shoot single shot? Or any modification to make loading this thing easier? Shooting several rounds gets hard on the thumb. The design is just a PITA, specially with a scope on.
The trigger pull is 63 oz, but I`m gonna try to talk my gunsmith buddy into reducing it. The stock is the factory plastic, but I don`t mind it. I put some lead bullets in it to balance it a little better.
Thanks,
7shooter

Swissfan
06-29-2016, 08:53 AM
I don't know about converting to staggerfeed, staggerfeed magazine actually connect to bottom of receiver, but you can convert to DBM. I did it with a Stevens in 243. Sharp Shooter Supply as the sled for single shot, http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/.

7shooter
06-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Thanks Swissfan!