PDA

View Full Version : Thought you all might get a kick (or heart attack) out of this...

lrshooting
06-23-2016, 10:54 PM
So I had problems with my savage 11 ejection SAUM brass for my 7mm Sherman shortmag. I replaced extractor and ejector to no avail with aftermarket parts. Nothing helped. So I finally got fed up and decided that remmy had a better ejection system anyways so here is what I came up with. The remington ejector and spring had to be modified as well as modifying my 85$ PTG magnum bolthead...

Only other thing Id like to do is make my own extractor so that it would have a little bigger bite into the case head. That would help a little.

But hey, it works!!! A little more fine tuning and itll be way better than stock for sure. Its already much better than it was. No accuracy change or POI change. Still punches little 3 inch groups at 470 yards like its nothing if I do my part with a good rest. I dont suggest trying it until you PM me or something. Theres a couple things you should know...I wont say how or what you need because I dont need a bunch of people getting blown up or ruining their rifle because they didn't do it right somehow (I dont know how you could mess it up that bad). The ejector installed is the remmy. The one sitting in the corner of the lug is the stock savage.

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss148/lrshooting/20160623_214447_zps4you4vkw.jpg

Hotolds442
06-23-2016, 11:05 PM
Making this a detailed how-to article would be pretty spectacular. Just be sure to add a liability disclaimer.

Robinhood
06-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Nice work I Are. Good stuff for sure.