PDA

View Full Version : My Creedmoor project is coming to an end....

travistodd1
06-20-2016, 07:27 PM
I started out with a Stevens 200 in 308 I found on a certain big name auction site. It was a round back receiver and in really good condition. I had been wanting to build a 6.5 Creedmoor and decided it was time to get started. Now all that's left is optics. I'm currently saving to get the best I can afford for it. Here is what I have done to the Stevens to bring it up to spec...

25" stainless bull barrel from Apache Gun Works
Stainless recoil lug from EABCO
CNC machined stainless barrel nut from Sin Arms
PTG Bolt and Knob from Accurate Barrel
Rifle Basics Sav-2 Trigger from Accurate Barrel
HS Precission Stock from one of our members. Painted and tweaked a little by me...
Atlasworx bottom metal with Magpul magazine.
Polished bolt and barrel.
Weaver scope base.

I would still like to do a fluted bolt body but will see what pops up.

I have a couple of upcoming builds I will try to post as well. A friend wants me to put a 7mm Mag together for him. Just bought the donor rifle from a fellow on here. I also just purchased a 6.5x55 Swede barrel gentleman on here that will be my next personal project.

Here is a before and after of the Creedmoor build... What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/travistodd1/image2.jpghttp://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/travistodd1/image1.jpg

Rondogg
06-20-2016, 09:33 PM
Nice set up. Having it bedded will also help, which I am sure you know.

travistodd1
06-20-2016, 09:51 PM
My thought on bedding is to always shoot it first. I will likely end up bedding it soon enough although it has a full bedding block and typically I don't see a lot of improvement on those type of stocks. We will see how she does...

scooterf79
06-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Looks really good! Any ideas on the scope you might top it off with? Should be a shooter!
Scooter

travistodd1
06-22-2016, 12:31 AM
I'm not sure yet. I'm setting some money aside (building it drained my gun fund) trying to get something descent. I am after the usual stuff, target turretts, 30mm tube etc... I just want a good old fashioned Mil Dot and probably something around 6-18...

My 300 Win Mag has a fixed 10 power which is a bit of a strain for 600 yards or more in my opinion...

Rob01
06-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Rifle looks good. What was the price you were looking to spend on a scope?

travistodd1
06-22-2016, 02:36 PM
I hadn't really decided. I was going to see what I could come up with in the next few weeks. I'm probably looking to the 400 dollar range. I can't afford to play with the big boys but that should be enough to find some pretty good glass.

scooterf79
06-24-2016, 12:22 AM
I think that'll be fine! You can probably do quite well with a Vortex. There's always the PA 4-14. Very good scope for the money (240ish). Keep us posted.
Scooter

travistodd1
06-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Well, I probably would have had enough to buy a scope... I got distracted... Now I have a couple barrels for future builds...