PDA

View Full Version : The cost of winning

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

rjtfroggy
12-04-2016, 10:56 AM
If I sent the PTA out for trigger and T & T and then put a NF BR scope on it and then a different barrel I could easily send the cost over $5k, but at that point I probably should have just gone with a full blown custom.
My hole thing is to do it " CHEAP " and by myself and try and get the results of the customs. Plus I enjoy chasing my tail working up loads.

doctnj
12-19-2016, 11:16 AM
I also got one of those IOTA's. It works well. My issue is I have to use it on my daughters rifle. I painted mine and the front scope cover is stuck hard in place with the paint. Guess I could take a razor blade and cut it free. I also saw some guys with standard scope caps and holes drilled through them the size of the one on the iota. Dont know if that works. There is a video you can use to practice with on your computer or laptop. The link to the video is on the 6.5guys website. Makes it very realistic. Also movers on it. I have a barrel in my basement and after my oldest daughter leaves after holidays, the barricade is coming inside.

WeldNFool
02-25-2017, 08:27 PM
I'm spending a bunch of money and have no intentions of shooting competition. Probably makes me worse than the guy who won the $10, lol!