PDA

View Full Version : 2 Mod 12FV's for Father's day!!! .223 & .308

triehl27
06-18-2016, 01:10 AM
Well I am about as happy as could be!
Daughter and Grandma got me a .223 12FV at Cabela's on Sunday,
AND
The wonderful loving, amazing Girlfriend had a .308 transferred in to Cabela's for me, and it's on hold.

Looking more and more, like I may put my Ruger M77 MK2 .308 and my Custom HB Axis accu trigger .308 on the forsale block, if the .308 shoots like this .223

So today was the test day for the .223. Um after 15 rounds i sttill have 1 hole less then 1 inch wide.

Um yeah, so with bulk reload 55gr ammo I am under a half MOA. With Fiocci 50gr V-Max I am under 1/4MOA 4 shot groups.

Infact of the 5 ammos I ran, only Wolf produced a larger then 1" group.

Now the real test is repeatability. Yeah got that covered. Fired a total of 200+ rounds today, all but wolf stayed under an inch, cold barrel, hot barrel, clean barrel, dirty barrel, didn't matter.

By the end, I was shooting Dum-Dum pops at 100yds, cause the 2" Shoot and See targets were boring.

Only issue was Cabelas mounted the Viper scope 5 degrees crooked, easy fix

jpx2rk
06-18-2016, 06:18 AM
Heck of a Father's day. Congrats on the guns and them being shooters. I'll be lucky to get a card for FD :violin:

Texas10
06-18-2016, 01:26 PM
You a lucky man!

I picked up a 12fv in 22-250 last week. Shot it this week using Remington factory 55 grain, grouped pretty well until scope went south. I'll try again with another scope before I pass judgement on this barrel.

For your 223, I highly recommend that you find some American Eagle tipped varmint ammo, p/n AE223GTV and give that a try. You'll be amazed just how fast and how accurate that off the shelf load is. At 3350 fps, it's very good even out to 300 yds. and beyond.

I got the 12FV in 223 for my son for his birthday and he's shot some sub 1/4 moa groups with that gun and ammo. I have several targets I've saved that were used for scope sighting with 3 shot groups of American Eagle that measured in the zero's. Generally, it's good for 3/4 moa on average, but a lot of the bullets you shoot will find another hole to fly into it seems.