PDA

View Full Version : For anyone think about a barrel

rjtfroggy
06-14-2016, 05:07 PM
If you are thinking about a new custom barrel read Jim " Apache" Skinners post in the vendors section. He explains the hold up and his and Dennis's new venture.
I for one can tell you if you can wait it will be well worth it, Jim's work is second to none. I know he has my business from now on.

squirrel_slayer
06-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Sweet! I have purchased three barrels from jim and they are top notch! His attention to detail and customer service is phenominal and the price is an added bonus! It's like the old race car saying Cheap, Fast, Reliable.....Pick 2! only with guns I feel its Cheap, Fast, Quality with Jim you get a quality product for a great price and not trying to discredit his speed. Sure the big companies just have to press a button and wait for the machine to make the product. It's nice for speed and profits but nothing beats good old fasion Craftmanship! a dying trait in America

RC20
06-15-2016, 04:00 PM
You must mean Jims place is a Ford! (well old Ford maybe). 95 F250 still going like new, couple of original style Broncos that never quit (one rolled in Canada and on up 2200 miles of Alacan to AK without missing a beat (skewed headlights aside but I had landing lights to help that)

I am still working on getting my barrel, no issues with the wait if I knew but it was supposed to be on the way.

On the other hand between Dennis and the reports on Jim the order stays in as I don't think I have read such good reports and the X-Caliber also has great reports.