PDA

View Full Version : Precision Carbine

nomosendero
07-20-2010, 09:07 PM
I resently sold my M700VS in 308 due to an emergency, but hope to buy a 308 in 4-6 months or so. I am looking at the Precision Carbine or Wea. Sub-MOA TR, as they are at a good price point for the price range.
But the precision Car. has the best combination of features that I can find. I read the Pre. car. test on home page & the pros & cons. I have also read the Accustock thread currently displayed & it looks like a factory fix is coming. I would sure love to get one that would group like the Rem.

My question for all you who have tried this model is what do you think now.

BTW, I used to be a member in before the redo, good to be back.

bluealtered
07-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Mine is a 308 and it groups very well at 100yd with hunting ammo, it will make touching groups if i do my part. blue

janizary
07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Well, I've not had mine for very long. I sold my 10FXP (.308) and picked up the 10PC in .308. Overall it definitely shoots tighter than the 10FXP utilizing the same ammo, but not miraculously so. I am sure the rifle is a better shot than I am ;) More subjectively, the heavier weight BBL gives it a more stable feeling, though I'd hate to lug it all day long (good thing I only hunt paper).

I am already considering picking up a 2nd one in .223. I have a TCC in .223 that I really enjoy shooting and I think a 10PC in .223 would make a great stable mate to the 10PC in .308. Of course, that means more glass...gads.

82boy
07-23-2010, 12:02 AM
I think the PC would make a great hunting rifle. My biggest complaint is the price, I think it is a bit pricy.