PDA

View Full Version : Another WARNING, SSS Time & True / Recoil Lug & Accu-stock

BigDKC
07-20-2010, 01:21 PM
It seems that with Bodywerk's trigger issue and now my issue SSS must not be up on the new models at all. :(

Here is my issue, I just had a T&T done to my new 10FCP-K. After a very lengthy wait, it returned to me and looked great! Something caught me off guard though right away, it had a new recoil lug installed and the stock one was returned to me in the box. I didn't order it to have been replaced during the work, but for all I know this may be a standard op for a T&T job.

No biggie, plus 1 for me I guess. I go to install the barrelled action back in the stock and I can't get it to fit! Turns out the recoil lug that was replaced is WAY to thick to fit in the accu-wedge groove of the accu-stock!! So basically there is no way to put my rifle back together without modifying something in the accu-stock, or leaving the accu-wedge out completely!

I edited this post to remove some of the snarl! After re-reading it, it came off pretty strong and for no gain other then here myself complain about it. In that time I also saw the post about the accu-wedge possibly causing more issues then solving. I didn't know that until a few minutes ago.

However to have been told that by SSS, and told that when I get the action back it will not fit with the accu-wedge in the accu-stock and I need to leave it out would have saved me alot of frustration! This should be disclosed upfront in my opinion.

Oh well, I already placed an order for an aftermarket stock, I guess I will leave this here just so someone might see it and save them so grief.

Galveston22
07-20-2010, 01:53 PM
I dont know why a new lug was installed. T&T should only deal with the actual bolt. Did you receive an explanation as to why your barrel had been removed? Keep hitting redial until you get an answer.

Budweiser360
07-20-2010, 04:01 PM
You can't true the face of an action with the barrel still on there and there is no sense putting a crooked recoil lug back onto a trued action. Since you are getting an aftermarket stock anyway, step back and chill out for a minute ;)

pdog06
07-20-2010, 05:25 PM
I dont know why a new lug was installed. T&T should only deal with the actual bolt.

A T&T is ALOT more than just the bolt! They true the action face, and barrel nut too if you include it. They also do a few other things to the action itself, none of which can be done with the barrel installed. Dont know why they put a new lug on it, but maybe the factory one was too out of spec or something. ONly SSS knows that answer. In any event, youre WAY better off with the SSS lug, especially since youre getting a new stock anyway.

BTW, Make sure when you call SSS you remind Lisa she forgot to bill you for the precision lug she gave to ya...LOL

Blue Avenger
07-20-2010, 07:01 PM
I dont know why a new lug was installed. T&T should only deal with the actual bolt. Did you receive an explanation as to why your barrel had been removed? Keep hitting redial until you get an answer.
there is no way to true an action with the barrel on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the face of the receiver where the recoil lug buts up and the locking lug surface are both turned parallel to the threads of the receiver.

viper9696
07-20-2010, 07:20 PM
SSS, TIMES the bolt and TRUES the bolt lugs,action and nut,so a trued recoil lug would be crucial.