PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10fp-sr metal trigger guard and DBM.

Buster95
06-11-2016, 04:52 PM
The "new" Savage 10fp-sr http://savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FCPSR comes with a metal trigger guard? Also, the Accurate Mag DBM will fit without modifications? The scope base include with the rifle is a EGW?

Zero333
06-12-2016, 10:06 AM
The OLD fcp-sr had a aics bottom metal and accurate mag.

The New fcp-sr has a regular Savage bottom metal and the 10 round mags are just extended Savage mags sort of like the Darkeagle 10rd magazines for factory savage bottom metal. No Accurate mag will fit in there.

Buster95
06-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Yes I know Accurate Mag magazine will not fit in the Savage bottom metal but the Accurate Mag DBM (detachable box magazine) will fit in the stock of this rifle without modifications?

CrAzYLoCaL
06-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Yes the new FCP has a metal trigger guard. No, the scope base is not EGW or 20MOA. But..... again, no Accurate Mag will fit in there unless you use their bottom metal. Accurate Mags have their mag release at the rear of the mag, the stock Savage bottom metal has its mag release in the front of mag. My 2 cents

Zero333
06-13-2016, 08:53 AM
Accurate mag bottom metal will replace the stock savage bottom metal with out any problems. Straight swap.

Bolt release on the New FCP-SR is at the top which is good, because rifles with bottom bolt release don't jive with aftermarket bottom metals, and require either a sear swap (which requires the top bolt release sear to be cut and welded on an angle to clear the receiver and the stock must be cut where the top bolt release goes through ir) or some other means of releasing the bolt. But this doesn't matter with the new fcp-sr.

Buster95
06-13-2016, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the replies, now I need to find where I can buy a Accurate Mag DBM because they do not ship to Canada.

gurpgork
08-29-2016, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the replies, now I need to find where I can buy a Accurate Mag DBM because they do not ship to Canada.
You might try coretac solutions. I recall seeing them there. If they do indeed fit the 10FCP, I would love to pick up a few. I can't find any more original Savage 10 rd mags.

Bimmer
08-29-2016, 11:33 PM
I can't find any more original Savage 10 rd mags.

They're available from Savage... Savage keeps making them, though they suck.

gurpgork
08-30-2016, 12:27 AM
They're available from Savage... Savage keeps making them, though they suck.
The couple I have work. I wasn't aware they were unreliable. Unfortunately Savage doesnt ship to Canada. I'd pick up an Accurate Mag for my 10FCP. Any way to tell which one? There seem to be 3 options in 308.

I'm told that the Magpul MAG579 fits from a regional vendor. Haven't seen a single confirming note on the Web, though. Hate to chase the wrong product with good money.

Any help would be appreciated.