PDA

View Full Version : 16/116 StainlessXP vs. 16/116 Weather Warrior

CombatAK
06-10-2016, 05:53 PM
What are the major differences? Why should I spend extra on the Weather Warrior?

RustyShackle
06-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Weather warrior has the accustock, XP I believe is generally a package gun with Nikon scope (non-accustock)

Robinhood
06-10-2016, 09:44 PM
I don't know if the WW has the Accustock or the hinged floor plate anymore based on Savage arms web site. The current model has the detachable mag and Synthetic stock. Savages website can give you most of the details except for the designation of the metal DBM or the plastic one.

Hotolds442
06-11-2016, 12:38 AM
I don't know if the WW has the Accustock or the hinged floor plate anymore based on Savage arms web site. The current model has the detachable mag and Synthetic stock. Savages website can give you most of the details except for the designation of the metal DBM or the plastic one.
With the SS Trophy Hunter in the lineup, there'd be no need for the Weather Warrior if it didn't have the stock upgrade. But it is Savage we're talking about.....

CombatAK
06-12-2016, 01:08 PM
I am leaning toward the SS Trophy Hunter in .338 Federal because I am thinking there will be a Hogue stock upgrade in the future anyway. And the Nikon glass is a bonus. Thoughts???

Robinhood
06-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Don't buy a package rifle for a scope. Nikon has a great name but the sell Walmart scopes too.

Hair_Boxers
06-12-2016, 02:43 PM
I would buy the lowest cost option between the two in the caliber you want.

I would plan on a scope for either, and a stock only if you don't like the one it comes with.

Neither the factory tupperware nor the Accustock are bad stocks. Not best out there either.

You will get much more practical benefit out of putting good glass on it than swapping a stock.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

justinp61
06-12-2016, 03:59 PM
I have a model 16 Trophy Hunter in 260 Remington. The stock is not bad but I didn't like the bdc reticle so I sold the scope and put a Leupold on it. The rifle is not super accurate but fine for deer.