PDA

View Full Version : Best brass for 7mm rem mag

psharon97
06-05-2016, 01:04 PM
I need some good brass for my 7mm rem mag. Which would you guys prefer: Norma or Nosler. I've used Nosler in my 308 and has been great brass, but I have no experience with it in 7mm rem mag.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloading-components/brass/rifle-brass/brass-100-ct-bags-prod37539.aspx?avs%7cCartridge_1=BRR_7+mm+Remingto n+Magnum

or

2 of these:
http://bullets.com/products/7mm-Remington-Magnum-Brass-Box-of-50/BL11561

hardnosestreetcop
06-06-2016, 09:29 AM
The only brass that I have used is Remington, I haven't had any problems with it thus far. Nosler brass is pricey.

LongRange
06-06-2016, 10:30 AM
id go nosler...i had great luck with it in my 300wm running pretty hot.

psharon97
06-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the replies. I ordered some Norma brass, and I'm interested to see how it holds up. Next time, I may order some Nosler. What I really wanted was Lapua.

Londerko
06-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Ive used Norma and Nosler in my 300wm (which I believe would be similar due to the belt and similar case capacities) They are equal in my opinion, I even think that Norma makes the Nosler brass, it's just prepped by Nosler. I would buy whichever of the 2 is on sale

jac3361
06-06-2016, 02:42 PM
I use Hornady brass I have 4 firings out of some and still going without annealing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero333
06-08-2016, 11:42 PM
Remington brass can have flasholes off center and brake your decapping pin.

Lately Nosler has been supplying very good brass.

Norma is as good as Nosler but it seems to me like nosler sorts the brass better by weight and preps the cases a lil better.

If I could get Winchester brass, it's the one I would get because you can go many more reloads before having to anneal it. Sometimes you might have to cull the odd piece of brass when you see a unexpected flier but you have to mark this brass and make sure it causes you a flier more than once. After the odd culling, Winchester brass is my favorite.

I have some Winchester 308w brass that's been reloaded 23 times thus far (annealed every 4 or 5 reloads ) and primer pockets are as tight as new.

F.C. belted magnum brass is not bad, but it's important after the initial fireforming to use the shoulder for headspace instead of the belt (same applies to any bottleneck belted magnum brass), and the F.C. brass should be Annealed every 3 reloads or less because the neck and shoulder hardens quite a bit every reload.

psharon97
06-18-2016, 10:13 PM
I have finally had the chance to shoot some of the Norma brass in my 7mag. I haven't changed the load. The load is 63g of reloader 19 shooting 180g berger hybrid. POI had to be adjusted was shooting ~1 inch to the right at 100 yards. The interesting thing to me was the 70+ FPS I was getting compared to the RP brass. The RP brass was getting me ~2830fps vs the Norma brass is getting me ~2900fps.